Cornerstone Bible Baptist Church is a church plant located in the City of Camden, New Jersey. Our mission is to glorify God by leading lost souls to Jesus Christ, molding their lives into Christ-like individuals, training them to do the work of the ministry and mobilizing them to minister the word of God to the world.
We use various means of outreach to our community, including youth outreach ministry, Vacation Bible School, Bible camp, ladies fellowship, men’s fellowship, movie nights, etc. We have touched the lives of thousands of children and teenagers and hundreds of men and women. We have had many professions of faith in Christ, many baptisms and host of church members.
However, because of the economical devastation of our mission field, we are a church that is constantly in flux. In the past twenty one years, we have had the ebb and flow of over four distinct churches within our church plant. This gives us great opportunities to be continuously reaching people with the gospel, but not the ability to have a self-supporting and autonomous church.
The Lord provided 1.5 acres of land in Pennsauken, a Township located next to Camden. We are praying and planning to build a place of worship and outreach on that property while at the same time, we are working on eventually moving the church plant to Pennsauken.
We are excited about what the Lord is doing presently at our church. He is raising up focused workers within the church whom I am equipping to help move the church to the next level of growth!
The following are some of the ongoing goals of our church:
- To make our church a House of Prayer, where everyone is involve in some way in praying daily for the ministry, families, visitors, new converts, etc. (Matthew 21:13a).
- To make our church a Ministry of Evangelism, where everyone is involved in some way by personally getting out the message of Salvation to their lost neighbor, friends, co-workers, relatives, etc., developing genuine relationships with them and inviting them to church as they pray for them (Matthew 9:9-13).
- To make our church an Environment of Disciple making, where everyone who desires to grow spiritually will be nurtured and also encouraged to nurture someone else as they have been spiritually nurtured themselves (2 Tim. 2:2).
- To make our church a place of Serving others, where everyone is involved in unconditional service both to each other in the church and to those outside the church (Mark 10:45).
- To make our church a place where genuine, sincere and pure mutual Christian affection and love flows freely in prayer, compassion, transparency, genuineness, service and grace towards each other (1 John 4:7).
- We will challenge every church member to participate in serving and ministering in some small way in the church (1 Peter 4:10-11).
- We will continue the process of putting a Gospel tract in every home in the city of Camden (Mark 6:7-12).